Whether the weather is cool or hot, I am always a fan of baked oatmeal. Baked oatmeal makes life so much easier because you can make it ahead of time and then have breakfast ready for the whole week.
To make life EVEN easier from the typical baked oatmeal that's not always that convenient to grab-n-go for breakfast, here's a quick fix for baked pumpkin oatmeal muffins.
These oatmeal muffins are not only delicious and totally satisfying, but you can play around with different flavors and mix-ins to satisfy your favorite taste bud. Did I mention they're husband approved?
Total Servings: 12 Muffins
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten-free as needed)
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 TBSP cinnamon (adjust as needed, I just love cinnamon!)
1 cup pumpkin puree (like Libby's)
4 egg whites
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (any milk will work)
2 scoops natural protein powder (I used "Sunwarrior - Warrior Blend Raw" brand)
OPTIONAL --> Feel free to add in additional goodies like:
1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey for sweetening
1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1/4 cup dried fruit or any other dried fruit
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Stir together oats, baking powder, protein powder and seasonings
3. Add in pumpkin, eggs, vanilla extract, milk and any other ingredients you are using. Mix well.
4. Fill muffin cups almost completely full with batter as the muffins will not rise.
5. Bake for 30 minutes or until the center of each oatmeal muffin is set. Set aside and allow to cool before serving (about 10 minutes).
6. Store in a covered container in the fridge for about a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
I did not add any optional mix ins, and the calorie count below is for just the muffins without optional add ins. I really personally been enjoying these for breakfast each morning with some vanilla greek yogurt and berries. Nut butters or fresh jam would also be a great option for topping!
Fat: 1.6 g
Carbs: 12.7 g
Protein: 6.6 g
(for my Fix friends this is 1 yellow)